Detox (Detoxification) diets are popular, but there is very less evidence that they flush toxins from your body.Detox diet come with different plans and one must follow what to eat, what not to eat and in some situations telling you to take various detox-ing agents. Detox diets normally recommend avoiding some main foods or cutting back food groups including dairy, wheat, alcohol and processed foods.
Detoxification usually have one thing in common; they are restrictive repetitive and hard to stick to for long time. This is based on theory practiced for ages by different cultures around the world that our bodies are being constantly flooded by toxins such as smoke, pollution and pesticides, which it cannot manage.
They say that these toxins stored in your body and because of this cause headaches, weight gain, dull skin and bloating. However, everybody has a liver and kidneys, these organs work by filtering the blood and eliminating bad toxins from our body naturally – therefore these detoxing ideas are not real.
You should know this first before Detoxification
- Most of people don’t feel all right on low calorie diets. Nutrient poor diets can cause fatigue, muscle aches and low blood sugar.
- You may feel weak and hungry according to detox diet plan and how long you follow it.
- It affect your cooking and shopping habits according to the detox plan you’re following because you eat less won’t have a long shopping list and prep work should be minimal.
- You are not able to do exercise because you’re getting very less calories
- In detox diet plan you need to eat the same few things over and over and exclude foods you usually eat.
- Detox plan vary and often include products that are only available from the author’s web site or particular shop that includes powders, enemas, herbs and pills.
After detoxification many people feel good and satisfied. It may be because in part to the fact that a detox diet removes the most processed foods that have added sugar and solid fats. Simply avoiding these high-calorie low-nutrition foods for a few days may be part of why people feel good.
Confirm your doctor before considering a detox diet and consider possible side effects as well. Detoxification that require fasting or limit protein intake can result in vitamin and mineral shortage. In many detox plan colon cleansing often recommended can cause bloating, nausea, cramping and vomiting. Dehydration also can be a worry.
Finally, keep in mind that fad diets aren’t a good long-term solution. For lasting results, eat a healthy diet based on fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and lean sources of protein. If you still select detox diet, you may want to use it as a way strategy to jump-start making healthier food options going forward every day. There are many choices to get your body healthy and clean and this isn’t one of them.